The Buell line is expanding on the 1125R with the new Buell 1125CR "cafe racer," a more street oriented version with lower gearing and a flyscreen instead of the higher fairing. The engine has been tweaked slightly with new fuel and spark maps, the new maps will be available for the '08 1125R. Judging from the 1125R's performance so far on the track, this 1125CR should be a real contender on the street.
Buell brings superbike performance to the streetfighter category in 2009 with the introduction of the 1125CR, a new model featuring a modern interpretation of �caf� racer� styling and the power of the Buell Helicon 1125 liquid-cooled V-Twin engine. The 1125CR is one of nine 2009 Buell Sportbike, Streetfighter, Adventure Sportbike and Blast models.
�Part superbike and part streetfighter, the 1125CR is my vision of a 21st century caf� racer,� said Erik Buell, chairman and chief technical officer at Buell Motorcycle Company. �It�s got Clubman-style bars and a flyscreen instead of a fairing. Then we geared it down to optimize acceleration. With a class-leading weight-to-horsepower ratio, the 1125CR takes streetfighter performance to a new level.�
Also new for 2009 on the 1125R and 1125CR models are targeted fuel injectors, relocated O2 sensors, and updated engine spark and fuel maps. The combination of these features offers improved drivability below 6000 rpm, even crisper throttle response, improved heat management, and significantly improved fuel economy. The updated engine spark and fuel maps will also be made available for 2008 1125R models.
With a dry weight of 375 pounds, the 1125CR is the lightest liter-class streetfighter on the market, and combined with 146 horsepower, it offers the best weight-to-horsepower ratio in the category.
Buell 1125CR Technical Features
Buell 1125CR highlights
* Buell Helicon 1125cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke 72-degree V-Twin engine
* 146 peak hp @ 9800 rpm
* 82 ft. lbs. peak torque at 8000 rpm
* 76/27 final drive gearing optimized for acceleration
* Underslung muffler with Helmholtz chamber
* DDFI 3 Electronic Fuel Injection ECM
* Ram-air pressurized air box
* Twin side-mount radiators
* HVA (Hydraulic Vacuum Assist) Slipper Action clutch
* ZTL2 four-pad, eight-piston front brake
* Fully adjustable 47 mm Showa inverted fork
* Fully adjustable Showa rear shock absorber
* Fuel-in Frame 5.3-gallon capacity
* Dry Weight: 375 pounds
* Wheelbase: 54.5 inches
* Seat height: 30.5 inches
* Pirelli Diablo Corsa III tires
* Pre-Wired for Accessory Heated Grips