Honda managed to show its dominance in the British MotoGP at Silverstone by winning two best podium. Casey Stoner championship first, followed by Andrea Dovizioso in second place.
pict of motoGP.com
On top of the track wet Silverstone circuit, Sunday 12 June 2011, Stoner was able to maintain good records since the free practice sessions. Australian rider had dominated the race and successfully recorded the fastest time by 47 minutes 53.459 seconds, followed by Dovizioso.
Dovizioso own experience that is not easy because the race could get tighter resistance of Jorge Lorenzo and Marco Simoncelli.
Instead of bad luck would befall the defending champion, Lorenzo because of a fall while leaving a 12 lap race due to losing control of his motorcycle. Fellow team-mate Ben Spies was instead forced to leave the track first. and Gresini Honda rider Marco Simoncelli was forced out on lap 10 due to fall.
Tech3 Yamaha rider, Colin Edwards, who recently returned after a shoulder injury scored a success by finishing third fastest. Followed by Nicky Hayden and Alvaro Bautista.
Valentino Rossi who started from the order of 13 managed to lunge into the middle board with jaug finished six of his hopes to win on the track wet.
British MotoGP Race Results
1. Casey Stoner AUS Honda Team Repsol 47m 53.459s
2. Andrea Dovizioso ITA Repsol Honda Team 48m 8.618s
3. Colin Edwards USA Tech 3 Yamaha Monster 48m 14.939s
4. Nicky Hayden USA Ducati Marlboro Team 48m 20.443s
5. Alvaro Bautista ESP Rizla Suzuki MotoGP 48m 29.028s
6. Valentino Rossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team 48m 57.985s
7. Karel Abraham CZE Cardion AB Motoracing 49m 26.109s
8. Toni Elias Honda ESP LCR MotoGP 49m 45.397s
9. Hiroshi Aoyama JPN San Carlo Honda Gresini 49m 45.809s
10. Loris Capirossi ITA Pramac Racing Team 49m 56.771s
11. Hector Barbera ESP Mapfre Aspar Team 48m 10.582s
12. Randy de Puniet FRA Pramac Racing Team 48m 13.094s
failed to finish: