Dani Pedrosa Repsol Honda rider Jorge Lorenzo successfully stop the ambition to win the MotoGP Portugal 2011,
held at the Estoril circuit, today, Sunday (01/05/2011). Pedorsa finish first with a record time of 45 minutes 51.483 seconds ahead of Lorenzo 3.051 seconds slower.
Meanwhile, the third podium also filled Repsol Honda rider, Casey Stoner, followed by teammate Andrea Dovisiozo. While Valentino Rossi who started from ninth grid had to settle for fifth place finish.
In fact swallowed hard luck Marco Simonceli (Gresini Honda) who was forced to stop the race due to an accident that occurred shortly after the start. For Simonceli this tragedy becomes anticlimactic considering the record time during qualifying yesterday is surprising.
Pedrosa himself on race day it looks excellent. Although Lorenzo had left behind, but thanks to consistent performance finally got past Pedrosa Lorenzo in Curve 1.
With this victory Pedrosa managed to sit in second place klasmen, 4-point difference from the World Champion Lorenzo.
Results - 28 laps:
Pos Rider Team/Bike Time/Gap
1. Dani Pedrosa Honda 45m51.483s
2. Jorge Lorenzo Yamaha + 3.051s
3. Casey Stoner Honda + 7.658s
4. Andrea Dovizioso Honda + 16.530s
5. Valentino Rossi Ducati + 16.555s
6. Colin Edwards Tech 3 Yamaha + 32.575s
7. Hiroshi Aoyama Gresini Honda + 38.749s
8. Cal Crutchlow Tech 3 Yamaha + 40.912s
9. Nicky Hayden Ducati + 54.887s
10. Randy de Puniet Pramac Ducati + 59.697s
11. Toni Elias LCR Honda + 1m00.374s
12. Loris Capirossi Pramac Ducati + 1m01.793s
13. Alvaro Bautista Suzuki + 1m24.370s
Ben Spies Yamaha 12 laps
Karel Abraham Cardion Ducati 1 lap
Marco Simoncelli Gresini Honda 0 laps
Hector Barbera Aspar Ducati 0 laps